A year ago, Govt. of India had a great vision and projected a ‘Digital Locker’ concept which/that enables the citizens of India to save online all the government issued documents. The core concept behind Digital Locker is to integrate & gather the details of all the important documents viz. Passport, Pan Card, Birth Certificate, Medical and Educational Records under cloud storage system, to have an access to any of these, from anywhere in the world, anytime.
FutureNet has been selected by National e-Governance Division (NeGD), Dept. of Electronics and Technology for providing services of INTEGRATION OF DIGILOCKER SYSTEM with Issuer and Requester systems.
- Part of Honorable Prime Minister Shree Narendra Modi’s Digital India Initiative
- No Tendering process
- Just need to sign the scope of work for project kick-off
- Payment to be done by NeGD after successful completion of project for mentioned scope.
- Other requirements apart from scope mentioned will be charged to the department
- To help Students, Higher Education Institutions and Employers to access degree certificates of candidates, "It is proposed to establish a Digital Depository for School Leaving Certificates, College Degrees, Academic Awards and Mark sheets, on the pattern of a Securities Depository." This will help validate their authenticity, safe storage and easy retrieval.
—–Honorable Finance Minister Mr. Arun Jaitely in the Budget 2016-17
List of Departments to Integrate with DigiLocker
- Below is the List of Departments/Agencies that can integrate their application with DigiLocker.
- State Education Boards
- Technical Institutions
- Public & Private Banks
- Insurance Agencies
- State Government Departments
- Central Government Ministries
- E-district Applications
- Regional Public Service Commission
- Regional Transport Offices